Bringing in the new ~ retiring the old


This quote describes one of the reasons why I journal...



"Our hearts and minds desire clarity. We like to have a clear picture of a situation, a clear view of how things fit together, and clear insight into our own and the world’s problems." ~ Nouwen


Writing helps to shed light on the events and experiences of my days. Somedays are heavy and I write a lot. Somedays are heavy and the words don't come. I instead chose to write scripture as a personal lectio divina exercise for my soul.



'My hidden written life in Jesus' ~ is a pure and simple one in all forms. I daily strive to follow Jesus in His simple, unspectacular, and very ordinary hidden life. As I 'retire' my latest journal, the pages are filled with love notes to Him and cries for mercy and wisdom.



Writing is not just jotting down ideas. Often we say:



"I don't know what to write. I have no thoughts worth writing down."



But much good writing emerges from the process of writing itself. As we simply sit down in front of a sheet of paper and start to express in words what is on our minds or in our hearts, new ideas emerge...



Yesterday I unwrapped another journal beginning the process again...

No comments:

Post a Comment