Dietrich Bonhoeffer, theologian who was martyred by the Nazi's during WW2, wrote these words on what it means to live in community.  Bonhoeffer reminds us we are the body of Christ and to one another a connected community.


"The Christian needs another Christian who speaks God's Word to him. 
He needs him again and again when he becomes uncertain and discouraged,
for by himself he cannot help himself without belying the truth. 
He needs his brother as a bearer and proclaimer of the divine word of salvation."


I struggle with discouragement.  I become uncertain.  I stumble. 

I need His Word from YOU - spoken into my life as the connective tissue within the body of Christ. 


For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 
1 Corinthians 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment