How to Find a Mentor to Help You Go Further, Faster - Michael Hyatt


mentored eight young men for three years. It was incredibly rewarding, and I wrote about it several times (see here and here).

How to Find a Mentor to Help You Go Further, Faster
Photo courtesy of ©iStockphoto.com/franckreporter
As a result, nearly every week someone e-mails to ask, “Would you consider mentoring me?”
Unfortunately, I have to decline. I am taking this year off in order to focus on other priorities. But even if I were actively mentoring, my bandwidth would soon be exhausted.
Most people understand this and then ask, “Okay, so how do I find someone else to mentor me?”
Good question. But to be brutally honest, their chances of finding a mentor are slim.
The problem is their definition of mentorship. It’s too narrow. Let me explain.


No comments:

Post a Comment