Log or Speck?

Luke 6:41-42

“Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye but do not notice the LOG that is in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, “Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye when you yourself do not see the LOG that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the LOG out of your own eye and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother’s eye.””When I worked at Burke Community Church I kept a log on my desk! I went to the wood pile in my backyard and got one of the biggest logs that would fit on my desk. It was a great conversation piece but I had it on my desk to have a visual reminder that before I examine someone’s “speck”, I needed to remember about the LOG in my OWN eye! It even served to remind me of my own “logs” when I was tempted to be annoyed or frustrated with a colleague or someone who was in my office for business. I appreciate Paul Tripp’s encouragement with the truth that God helps us see our sin because He loves us!!!! How gracious of God to continue to work in us to make us more like Jesus!

By God’s grace, I’m going to concentrate on LOG extracting in myself rather than speck searching in others!

---Diane @ Joy in Jesus

1 comment: