a treat for me

Taking a left turn from our usual topics, I'm including this recipe I recently found for making a sugar scrub (for myself) or for giving it as a gift.


To mix up your own scrub...

Ingredients:
Sugar: use organize white or brown sugar, with medium-sized granules. Larger granules can be rough.

Oil: Find fractionated coconut oil (an oil that contains only the facts, making it an especially effective skincare ingredient)-it blends easily with sugar and has a mild scent.

Essential Oil: Add your favorite scent (chamomile, lavender (my favorite), peppermint, jasmine, bergamot, rose, vanilla, lemongrass, lime or orange.

Recipe:
Blend 1 cup of sugar into 3/4 cup of oil. Add in 2 to 3 drops of the essential oil of your choosing and stir to combine.

BONUS:
To create a lotion to pair with your new scrub, buy an unscented lotion or cream and add in a few drops of your favorite essential oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment