Do you believe?

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

"Yes, Lord," she told him, "I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world."  (Matthew 11:25-27)

 
 
Thinking of Martha's conversation with Jesus, he encouraged her to consider  ~  does she believe?  I think he was calling her to more than just a simple faith, but one of action.
 
"Martha, believe in me.  This situation, Lazarus' death, trust me to work it all out.  Believe that I am who I say I am and that I am working all of these issues out."
 
 
 
I read this verse daily as a part of my 'Living Ready' scripture verse cards.  Each time I read through the words I imagine Jesus asking me, do YOU believe this?  Cheryl, whatever you are facing today, TRUST me to work it all out.  

"Seek first God's kingship over you, His way of holiness, and all these things will be given to you besides."  (Matthew 6:33).


Help me Lord to seek and follow you today.  Keep me from believing with my lips only.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment