Linking scripture to pray...

During the past few months I have faced many challenges. I can't say that I met them all with bravery or composure. Many times I've failed to speak or act as I would have wished. But through it all, I have felt...deep within my soul the secure, peaceful understanding of God's sovereign hand working in my life.

A dear friend has given me the invaluable gift of 'linking' scriptures. I truly don't know where I would be today without the wonderful words of scripture. They have been a comfort to my weary sad soul.

Below you can read the scriptures that reminded my heart and soul today of the sovereignty of God. May we remember these in our darkest days, that He is our all in all.

All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing,
But He does according to His will in the host of heaven
And among the inhabitants of earth;
And no one can ward off His hand
Or say to Him, 'What have You done?'

Now I...praise, exalt and honor the King of heaven,
for all His works are true and His ways just, and
He is able to humble those who walk in pride.

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and
knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments
and unfathomable His ways!

For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, OR WHO BECAME HIS COUNSELOR?

Or WHO HAS FIRST GIVEN TO HIM THAT IT MIGHT BE PAID BACK TO HIM AGAIN?

For from Him and through Him and to Him
are all things To Him be the glory forever...

When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son
Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected
all things to Him,
so that God may be all in all...

...all this has come upon us, but we have not forgotten You,
and we have not dealt falsely with Your covenant. Our heart
has not turned back,and our steps have not deviated from
Your way. Yet You have crushed us in a place of jackals and
covered us with the shadow of death.

Scriptures: Daniel 4:35, Romans 11:33-36, 1 Corinthians 15:28, and Psalm 44:17-19

1 comment:

  1. Journeys are rarely easy. Good to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete