Have you ever considered?



In the busyness of your daily life how do you 'keep the sabbath holy'?


How do you intentionally set aside time for God?


I am reading a book called Sabbath Keeping by Donna Schaper. In it she describes the spiritual practice of keeping sabbath as "...taking the world off its easel. It {Sabbath} is holy remembering. It {Sabbath} is holy seeing. It is the pause in which we remember what has already happened..."


I've only read the first few chapters, but I am already impressed with her fresh view of pausing my life and remembering

"...it's really God's time and we're invited to live within it..."


I find myself contemplating issues at the end of a long day that do not matter. I feel that I'm on a ledge trying to decided what to allow within and what to shut out. For instance, I fear reaching the end of my girl's life in this home and suddenly realizing...


~I should have taken MORE time to sit and talk

~I should have said 'no' to the scripting of my days in hectic frenzy that kept me from conversations with them

~I should have asked another question while on the edge of their bed discussing life


Too often I'm drive by a culture that urges me to THINK I need more and yet I am left scattered, weary, restless, and fatigued.
Have I remembered the Sabbath and kept it holy ~ today?

1 comment: