HOPE as a hedge...part 2

I know out of my own expereince that there is no such thing as life without struggle. I have met it, indeed, from one end of life until the present. Over and over again, my foundations have shifted and slid away from me, and I have been ingulfed in hopelessness and struggle.

I am studying James on Monday nights with a wonderful group of women. We have been able to see that James quickly introduces the idea of testing and facing struggles in life ~ in chapter 1. The 'test of trials in your life and your response are indicators of your faith. When tradegy strikes, when troubles comes ~ and James says 'it will' ~ we stand at the crossroads between hope and despair. To go the way of despair colors the way we look at things. It makes us suspicious of the future and makes us negative about our present situations.

It leads us to IGNORE the very possibilities that could save us...

1 comment:

  1. hey dear.. wud u mind if i'll say that plz leave some comments on any of my blog posts? not in the chatterbox.. but in the posts itself.. if u dont mind.. i need it for my grade. :) thanks a lot.. i'll be looking forward for your comment :)

    and plus you're most welcome to be my follower. coz it wud give me extra points also.. hehe. but still ur choice.. :)

    ReplyDelete