A Welcoming Nest...


A nest is a home prepared from everyday fragments: twigs, dry grasses, pebbles, mud, feathers, and many other little bits of very ordinary things. 

During this Advent season, I am reminded that instead of preparing a nest that will welcome an egg and future life, I am getting a Christ-home ready within my life.  I am trying to prepare a dwelling place for the Lord, a warm, well hollowed, hospitable place where the life of my God will deepend and mature in me. 

Advent might be called a season of nesting as human hearts are asked to prepare a way for the Lord. 

Advent is a time to prepare each year for the God-with-us.  Advent beckons us. 

Be still.
Be alert.

Get into the spirit of the Old Testament saints and yearn for the Savior. 
Cry out to God.  Cry out to be open and receptive. 

Sharpen your awareness of the God who dwells within.
Open up.
Hollow out.
Receive your King.


Welcome the One who comes...


"She wrapped him in swaddling clothes and laid him in a manger because there was no room for them in the inn." 

Luke 2:7



--Ann Voskamp

No comments:

Post a Comment