Leaving Egypt...

While studying in Exodus 14, I have paused on verse 8 and the concept of a hardened heart.

'...and the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt and he pursued the people of Israel while the people of Israel were going out defiantly.'


Who hardened the heart of Pharaoh? Did God?

Can I harden my heart against God? 

Can it be fixed - unhardened?





Reading and contemplating many Old Testament verses:

"Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, on the day of testing in the wilderness..."

"But for this purpose I have raised you up, to show you my power, so that my name may be proclaimed in all the earth."

"They set out from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month. On the day after the Passover, the people of Israel went out triumphantly in the sight of all the Egyptians."

"And the Lord said to Moses, 'When you go back to Egypt, see that you do before Pharaoh all the miracles that I have put in your power. But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go.'"



I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts on ...

If we harden our heart against God, isn't the issue within us, rather than pointin a finger at God?

Why am I drawn to sympathy for Pharaoh, who is the 'villian' of Exodus 14?

No comments:

Post a Comment