Unlikely People in Unlikely Places

I recently read an article by Ruth Haley Barton entitled, Epiphany:A Time for Seeking and Find. It has intentionally got me thinking of the journey I'm on...showing God's presence to unlikely people in unlikely places. Am I ready for that?

My mission statement boldly declares that I'll trust God for the 'places they'll go', but do I really? Do I really care about the unlikely places in a woman's heart?

Here are some of the 'rhythms of waiting' Barton speaks of...

--be aware of the spiritual lessons in my life.

--we are not only called to wait but to actively seek the light of God's presence in some new way and then to do something in response.

--God comes in the strangest ways to illuminate our blindness--to lead us beyond our own petty resistance.

--Epiphanies teach us that those who get up and move--who embark on the seeker's journey--will find but almost always where we least expect it.


Is there a place where I have been waiting where God might be now
calling upon me to be more active in my seeking?

No comments:

Post a Comment