Soul transformation

Read Matthew 8.
I have pulled the SIX big idea's from a chapter filled with Jesus' teaching on following him.

The LEPER is healed immediately upon asking.
The Centurion's GREAT FAITH -  'just say the word.'
Peter's mother-in-law is healed and BEGINS TO SERVE.
Jesus describes THE COST of following him.  Am I listening and do I want to know?
Jesus calms a storm and the disciples ask WHO IS THIS?
Two demon possessed men are healed and ask Jesus to LEAVE OUR REGION!

Spiritual Transformation
a life transformed 

The revolution of Jesus is one of character, which is proceeded by people changing from the inside out through an ongoing personal relationship with God and one another.  This transformation will change a person's ideas, belief's, feelings, habits of choice, and relationships.

Matthew 8 is filled with examples of spiritual transformation accomplished only through the grace of God. What do you think about the following questions and/or idea's about soul transformation?


Do I have faith like the Centurion that believes?  He believes in Jesus' power and ability to accomplish anything.  He's not necessarily asking Jesus to do it, but has a faith to know he can.

Have I experienced a COST in following Jesus?  Do I have a 'place' to lay my head?  This means as a Christ follower - something is required.  I may never have a place - physically or culturally.

Have I hesitated in any way in following Jesus so that I could 'bury my dead'?  Have I allowed my personal priorities to overshadow or hinder my devotion to Christ?

Am I FULLY DEVOTED to Christ?  Jesus calmed a storm in the midst of their panic and chaos.  How many storms have I asked in panic for Jesus to restrain? 
 
Jesus identifies their faith - but faith from what?  Is it in Him or in his ability to save them?  He immediately shows them and they marvel that the sea and waves obey.  Like the disciples, is my own faith tied into a circumstance I'm facing?

Deep down
Do I just want everything to be calm, peaceful, and easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment