Travel Tips

"Trip enjoyment is inversely proportionate to the amount of crap (re: distractions) you bring with you."

Check out these links for some great packing tips. Can you pack for a week or more in ONE bag?

LifeHacker

I don't like the bundle way of folding clothes as it makes it too hard to get out ONE item when needed. Depends on if you are unpacking and staying in one place for awhile or not.

The Four Hour Week

The second link has lots of other stuff . . . like negotiating discounts . . . .
most of my friends would be totally embarrassed if I did that, but they'd love the savings, now wouldn't they!

I love meeting people when I travel; just one of the advantages of often traveling alone.
Cheryl on the other hand has much more cheap entertainment with her girls. It's a trade off.
I can eat cheap, sleep in places with character, and then splurge where I want.

We can discuss this further on Conversations at Intersections blog too.

6 comments:

  1. "The secret to getting what you want is first asking for what you want, then negotiating if you don’t get it. The first part is the most neglected." T.Ferriss

    I think I'm going to adopt this as a new whole new way of life. I must remember not to neglect...
    asking for what I REALLY want.

    "I really want you to UNLOAD the dishwasher."

    "My desire is to gaze upon a neat and tidy bedroom."

    I'll let you know if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASK FOR WHAT I WANT?????? What a life lesson. I am not a martyr, just think there are too many rules and "right" things to do that I do not get to the things I "want". In addition I don't want to want a lot of things so I think I limit my attention on figuring out what i want. FInally, for many many years it was never going to be about what I wanted so I stopped thinking about it because it only made me really really sad.
    What do i want? Ask for what I want? Negotiate to "get" it. . .
    WHole new life lessons for me.
    I know two , maybe three things I want. Ask for them. . . ? How do you do that? I mean seriously? Inspire me with your bravery! I wan to ask for somehting but I am relaly scared. I am going to do it- I just wish I wasn't shaking in my boots while I do it.
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are they the tall black "I am invincible" boots?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they are "these boots are made for walking" boots! You know...Nancy Sinatra!!!! Um...do you know? I feel old!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. M-

    Go to

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OU7Nezg7Ls

    I DARE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! That's her!!! I see Miss M all over that!!!!

    ReplyDelete