Oh, the Places You'll Go!

OH!
THE PLACES YOU'LL GO...

You'll be on your way up!
You'll be seeing great sights!
You'll join the high fliers
who soar to high heights.

You won't lag behind,
because you'll have the speed.

You'll pass the whole gang and you'll soon take the lead.
Wherever you fly, you'll be the best of the best.
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.


Do you know someone who loves to travel? They ENJOY packing a suitcase, stopping the mail, and making hotel reservations. They don't mind airport security lines, frustrating ziploc wars with lotions & lipsticks, and cramped seating. My friend Jill is a seasoned traveler. I have an aunt whose life has been spent exploring exotic places.

Where are the places you've been or lived?

Where would you like to go?

Do you dream about a place far away or near?

Is it quiet, secluded and sandy?



Make a list and write it down.
Tell me.
I'd like to know.



Jill...would you like to explore these places?

  • South Africa (Johannesburg, Kalahari Transfontier Park, Bloemfontein, Knysna, George, Oudtshoorn...
  • Botswana,
  • Lesotho,
  • United States (New York, Washington D.C., Pittsburgh, Beaverfalls, Buffalo, Grand Rapids, Anapolis, Baltimore, Fredericksburg, Oregon, Virginia, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Michigan, Pennsylvania),
  • Singapore,
  • Canada (Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Victoria, Toronto, Edmonton, Banff, Winnipeg, Georgetown, Ottawa, Brampton, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Quebec City, Montreal),
  • England (London, Bath, the countryside)
Have you been to any of these?
  • South Africa (Capetown),
  • Kenya,
  • Madagascar,
  • Nigeria,
  • Cape Verde,
  • Morocco,
  • Egypt,
  • Italy (Venice),
  • England,
  • France,
  • Scotland,
  • Denmark,
  • Sweden,
  • Austria,
  • Holland,
  • Greece,
  • Cyprus,
  • Sicily,
  • India,
  • Japan,
  • China
  • Hawaii...

3 comments:

  1. The places I would love to stop dreaming of visiting and really get up and go. . .
    Greece
    Turkey
    Austria
    Poland
    New Zealand
    Denmark
    Former Soviet Union
    Egypt

    This year for my birthday I have promised myself a passport from me!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to some of the So African cities you mentioned . . . Jo'burg, Bloem, George, Capetown. Why'd you choose that lot?
    I'd love to go see the birds in the delta in Botswana, maybe on the way to Namibia to see about moving there?
    USA . . . let's go . . . I'd do NYC, Wash . . . and of those with YOU!
    Been to Singapore and would go again. They had root beer in the airport!
    Canada . . I've neglected my northern neighbour.
    England . . . anytime, well, Spring and Fall is best.
    On the lower list, I've been to Capetown, Kenya, Eng, Holland, Cyprus, Hawaii . . . How'd Hawaii get in there with the countries?
    Basically girl, you could ask me to go to Gary or Idaho with you and I'd start packing.
    Tell Missy I'll contribute to the passport fund!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sign me up!! I just love to GO! Doesn't really matter where.

    Let's see, from this list: I've been to D.C., Grand Rapids, Virginia, (of course, Grand Rapids is in Michigan!) Those were good.

    I LOVED Victoria Island but my visit there was much too short. (Port time from a ship!)

    Georgetown...yes...could I just hang out on the grounds of that university for a week or two??

    Venice...hummmmmmmmmm...quite the smell but a very interesting place that I enjoyed. Especially spinning in the square and making the pigeons fly!

    France: awesome cathedrals.

    Favorite historial site: Florence
    Favorite family escape: Topsail Island.
    Favorite site-seeing trip thus far: Alaska

    I'd love to explore New Zealand but only with some very good friends!!!

    ReplyDelete