Huge Op Shop! Let's Go!


For the ultimate in what much of the world calls "opportunity shopping," check out the Unclaimed Baggage Center.
Luggage, and its contents, is purchased by the truck load from the airlines after they have exhausted every possible avenue in getting the bags back to their rightful owners. Some people just will not put their names on things! Unclaimed Baggage Center boasts of over 7000 quality items, with huge departments for clothing, books and, of course, luggage. Scottsboro, Alabama is just south of Chattanooga, TN and would make a great shopping adventure in the midst of any trip through the area.

Read about other recipients of unclaimed or lost items from airports across the US.

What about change left behind during security checks? The pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters add up to thousands of dollars a month — which does go back to the federal government.

6 comments:

  1. BOY! You wern't kidding about loving a deal. THat is quite a trip to shop!!:) How many of your things could potentially be there Jill?
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll quit my 'day job' of scouring thrift stores for suitcase memorabilia. Where's the hunting, digging, pushing & shoving, and contemplation...

    *What is this?
    *Why do I need it?
    *Where will I put it?
    *Is it worth $2.99?

    ...in an organized retail store?

    Here's what I purchased yesterday from my "opp shop"; three small Asian soup bowls, Pier 1 metal lantern, Barbie Dream house, Mary Todd Lincoln bio, and a funky yellow desk lamp...for $17.67.

    Even though my girls complain of a certain smell in my thrifting places, I wouldn't trade it for the sophisticated snobbery of retail shopping.

    Even though my new digs in Kentucky won't compare to my current opp shopping loot, I'm still addicted to clearance racks, discount corners, and end of the season sales!!

    GIVE ME TREASURE's TO FIND AMONG JUNK...or GIVE ME DEATH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left a book on a plane once. A library book.

    I went out and bought another one. Took it to the library with my sad story. it got sadder. You can't just replace them like that. They have to order them through their sources so they can be properly inventoried and tagged, wrapped, etc.
    Phooey.

    Uhm, I left a favorite blue bra in a drawer in an Indy fancy hotel during a missionary conference. Along with my favorite brollie from England, a lovely leather writing wallet, and a few odds and ends. Nope, they were not there when I went back . . . and nope, no one had "seen" em. I'll bet someone was wearing 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't that beat all...wearin' your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if I was wearing your blue bra and you point blank asked me if I'd seen it.....the answer would have to be no!

    This causes me to wonder....do the people who've "donated" their stuff to say, Goodwill, always know that they've donated? I mean, what if they've LOST it? Wow, never thought of it that way. I think I'd have a hard time shopping in someone's LOST items. After all, they didn't intentially give them away! Wow. Now I'm wondering..........

    However, while I'm wondering...I'm wearing the coolest chocolate brown jacket by Chicos (of Goodwill) and loving every second of it! I'm off to check another load of booty on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhm, LS, I thought you were married! Be careful what booty you are checking out!

    ReplyDelete