Thursday Bible study...


I am in the fourth week of a new women's Bible study group.  The more we meet and talk, our conversations progress from surface facts about our day into more intimate details about our daily struggles and challenges. 

I have never gotten used to the truth of discipleship - that to belong to Jesus means more than just a good feeling of being loved and cherished.  I struggle with the fact that there are conditions for discipleship and 'following' means some hard demands and some constant choices:

'Then, Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone wants to be a follower of mine, let him renounce himself and take up his cross and follow me.  For anyone who wants to save his life will lose it, but anyone who loses his life for my sade will find it.  What, then will a man gain if he wins the whoe world and ruins his life?  Or what has a man to offer in exchange for his life?'  (Matthew 16:24-26)

Too often we wish for a call free from obstacles, hurt, pain, disturbance, and anxiety.

Lord,
..that You would think my heart capable of belonging to You!  You have filled my life with Your goodness in so many ways.  I hear the call to give myself to teach others in your love and to grow deeper in their faith in You.

I will follow.
I need to hear your voice over and over again as
I lead these precious ladies You have given me. 

Here I am again...claim me as your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment