Starting a Bible Study...






I have been 'back' in Louisville now for almost a year. It has been a time of settling my family into a familiar routine, getting our girls acclimated into new schools, and taking a long deep breath of appreciation for the blessing of returning to the city I love.

As in years past, I knew it wouldn't be long before the Lord would fill my thoughts of 'who' to circle around my dining room table for Bible study. Even though it has taken me almost a year, I feel the Lord has led me to just the right women. When it's confirmed in my heart of the 'who' I am to invite, then I begin formulating in my mind the how, when, and where it will begin. I think I have that too!

So, here's my plan:


* Sometime in November... Meet together for an initial gathering at
a Starbucks, someplace where we can meet each other and chat over coffee/tea.

* Sometime in December...Congregate again maybe to eat, fellowship
together, and enjoy the holiday season.

* Then in January 2010, begin meeting weekly for Bible study
together.

I have considered carefully that this time of year is one of the busiest for US! So, I thought if we instead could begin the 'getting to know you' process, while taking a 'coffee' break for a minute or two, we could begin in January as friends and not complete strangers.

In January, we will meet three weeks a month on Monday evenings from 7:00-9:00pm. Our two hours together each week will be filled w/ great conversation and thought provoking discussions. Over the course of the year (January -May), we will read and carefully study selected books of the Bible. My hope is that the time of Bible study and prayer will help us grow in our understanding of God and in friendship with one another.

....to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment