Battling a Rhythm Within My Heart..

Daily God invites me to reside in Him. To create or build into my life a 'holy' rhythm. He bids me to leave room for Him, the one necessary thing. Instead, I chose to live in a rhythm that often follows the worlds demands. It is my rhythm, not one that is orchestrated and planned by God.

One aspect of understanding God's rhythm is realizing that I need to stop and rest...to release and become completely unplugged. I need to consent to God's greenhouse of growth. There are things I could probably do to 'fix' the ache within my heart, but I know its only a temporary band aid. I know that the struggle is meant to strengthen me; to leave this how, wet, and humid environment would allow me to emerge weaker not stronger.

Some enemies of God's rhythm in me are
  • being trapped in a mindset of "all these things must get done"
  • being ensnared by the love of stuff...this is most deceitful for I am preoccupied with myself
  • allowing my thoughts to become engrossed on what I cannot control
Am I willing for God's hand to prune me in this way? Must I wrestle with this, Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment