I will press on...

In conversation today with a friend, I heard their sigh of obedience. A sigh indicating acceptance and ease in an ambiguous situation. Their life is far from clear and understandable. But the sigh represented...obedience.

I press on...

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12-14


I refuse to live in the past...

J.B. Phillips says,
"...I leave the past behind and with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead I go straight for the goal - my reward the honor of being called by God in Christ..."

That's the way to live...
when life seems grim and
things go wrong,
when the mess gets worse.

I've got a goal and it revolves around Christ.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6,7

This is a major statement...PRAY, let my requests be made KNOWN.

I am to take my worry list,
hate list,
bitterness list,
to Him.
This is not a cliche'.
I'm not going to interrupt Him.
He's not busy helping someone else.

THEN...
Peace. Peace. Peace.
I will have a sentry beside me,
a guard to watch over my heart and mind.

"Paul saw EVERYTHING that occurred in his life as being in the hands of God, nothing touched him that which wasn't first filtered through the will of God."(Swindoll)

In whatever circumstance I find myself, may it bring glory to God.
In my demotion or promotion...may God get the credit.
In my gain and loss,
health and illness,
triumphs and tragedies,
...may I remember that it's not happiness I'm after, but God's glory.

"This is one of the greatest thoughts God has given me...God's goal for me is not being happy. This changes so much in our narcissistic society. When everything seems to revolve around 'what I want' and 'how can I be comfortable' and 'how can I find enjoyment'...this is not Biblical."(Swindoll)

No comments:

Post a Comment