“For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many.”
1 Corinthians 12:12-14


Paul implies that our spiritual journey, while it is unique to each of us as an individual member of the body of Christ, is not an isolated pilgrimage but is part of a sort of caravan with the diverse members of the body.

“There is no holistic spirituality for the individual outside of the community of faith. In fact, to use Paul’s image, the holistic spiritual of the individual is essential for the spiritual health of the community, and the health of the community is essential for the spiritual wholeness of the individual. Just as each cell in our physical body depends upon the body for its life and the well-being of the body depends upon the wholeness of each individual, the individual Christian can be whole only through interdependent interaction with the other members of the faith community.”

Finish this sentence.

If I chose to be alone…

1 comment:

  1. If I chose to be alone. . .
    I would feel in control.
    I cuold find quiet.
    I could retreat.
    I would feel obedient.
    I could rest.

    ReplyDelete