Lord,



You continue to call me out of my incompleteness into the wholeness you have for me in Christ.

Even when I
try to hide behind a 'spirituality' that confirms me in my incompleteness and brokenness, your love neither abandons me nor tolerates my evasions.



Your love becomes troubling grace that shakes my foundations
and breaches my defenses.

Help me
to let you do your disturbing work in my life.

Let it become
for me a mirror in which you show me what you want me to see about myself.

1 comment:

  1. I love the phrase. . . "your disturbing work in my life."

    FOr a girl on the pursuit of the numbers between 1 and 10, this is yet another quake in my insides.

    I, in my head and heart get this concept (and love the phrasing). Where does peace fit in this?

    I can know in my soul what I have chosen in Christ yet still have physical reaction. I am not talking about the yucky feeling before a confrontation. . . I am talking about the physical upset stomache, shaking hands, dry mouth. . . All of this . . Is this because of His "disturbing" work. I can and do continue forward, yet is there anyway to get rid of these physical reactions.
    I want that "SMILEY SUNDAY MORNING" . . . "Then I just felt at peace."

    M

    ReplyDelete