Inside ...

On My Nightstand: 

  • (Reading on my Kindle) - John Piper's God's Passion for His Glory

  • Jill and I are reading through Mel & Patricia Ziegler's The Republic of Tea: The Story of the Creation of a Business, as Told Through the Personal Letters of Its Founders for an oversea's book club concept.  We are two friends who love to read but rarely are able to join forces and focus on one book.  Wish us luck!

  • Tonight I'll finish Dick Francis' latest, Crossfire.  This is the fourth and final collaboration between Francis (1920–2010) and son Felix (Even Money).  I've enjoyed every page - as always - Francis's suspense is excellent.  "For all lovers of old-fashioned, character-driven, plot-perfect suspense, this is like getting a windfall from a distant, deceased relative." -Amazon.


Want To Read:

  • My friend Jerri has recommended Francis Chan's Forgotten God. I'm intimidated by this book - it has been on my nightstand for several weeks now. I'm afraid to pick it up. Here's a peek -
'Calling Christians to more than just a better life, Chan says he wants to live a life unexplainable without the Holy Spirit, so dependent on the Spirit that, he says, if he doesn't come through, I'm screwed.'


Movies I Seen:



In My Kitchen:

  • My Carmel Corn is becoming famous - I think I could make it with my eyes closed.  Wow!  It's addicting!  My girls and I are gearing up for time off from school and work to cook-bake-create.

In My Ears:

  • For my birthday, Jill sent Brooke Fraser's new CD, Flags.  Brooke Fraser?  She is an award-winning New Zealand folk-pop singer-songwriter. She has performed at Parachute, an annual New Zealand Christian music festival, and HillSong Church.   

"She makes the kind of music that sounds like a pop marshmallow has dropped into a folk hot chocolate and become a warm, spicy chocolatey broth."


What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:

  • Time off with my family for a long and restful Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment