Psalm 63 ~ a paraphrase

I belong to You, O Lord. I pledge my life to search after you with all my being.  Every part of me desires more of you.

I feel out of place, an alien in this world, but you are there and I feel you are near.

I realize that living for you is the only way to live life - I will always praise you.  I will exalt your name until I die and give you everything.

I am content - as if being full after the noon meal.  In your presense, words bubble out of me in excitement.

I need to stop what I'm doing and dwell upon you more.  I must be still and concentrate on your greatness even into the middle of the night.

You are the strong tower - THE one who helps me.  In my time with you, I find peace and happiness.  All of my being latches onto you and I am held secure by your touch.

My enemies are ever against me but they will disappear into the darkest places - away from you forever.  They will go to a violent place and be consumed by wild beasts.

I will praise the Lord. All those who love the Lord - call upon his Holy Name because evil will not triumph over good.

No comments:

Post a Comment