This morning in Jim Martin's post at A Place for the God Hungry, he writes about his daily thoughts and prayers for his daughters. His words resonate within me as my girls inch closer to womanhood each day. They were so beautiful this morning as they prepared themselves for another day at school. They discussed plans being made for the weekend and Homecoming activities. With a quick kiss and a wave they piled into Tessa's car and zoomed away. One day...

"Not a day goes by that I don't think about them and pray for them. Hardly a day goes by when I don't speak to them on the telephone. I pray for their future -- for their marriages, for their children. I pray for them in times of temptation. I pray for them that they will have a heart for the things that really matter to God. I pray that they will pass on the story of Jesus to the next generation.

I pray they will not get caught up in materialism. I pray they will never get more passionate about the things they can buy and wear over how God can use them for the sake of his honor for kingdom purposes."

That last sentence will stick with me for a long time. I have never thought about praying from this perspective for them.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment