Christa Parrish


I've just finished reading Christa Parrish's new book, Home Another Way. I consumed it in under twenty four hours and now my sixteen year old is reading it.

Here's an excerpt:

"This is how lives were made, a string of people and happenings and emotions---scattered across a staff; written sometimes in a bright major key, other times in a somber minor mode. I realized now, as I sat there rocking back on each inhale, forward on each exhale, toes light upon the creaky floor, that these weren't variations on a life I should have had---they were my chaconne*, the pinnacle of my repertoire, working together to bring me here, to this place. For good, or for bad."


The main character, Sarah Graham, struggles throughout the story with her past. Her grievances are against situations and actions that can't be changed or altered. She has spent her life battling the injustices and the unfairness of it all.

The book doesn't end as I thought it would, which makes me love it even more. Go online and read an excerpt from Parrish's website and let me know what you think.

*A form consisting of variations based on a reiterated harmonic pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment