What I'm learning about...my life in transition, part 1


ok, I'm trying to relax, be cool, chill.

We told our daughter we'd pay for 1/2 the cost of a car - if she earned the other half. She did a wonderful job both earning and saving the money for the big event. We found a one owner late 80's Toyota Corolla with low mileage - and suddenly we were a household of three vehicles.

Our baby girl has her first set of wheels. Of course, now she's always on the go --- to towns a little distant for the day, or to sleep over at one of her friends, or just plain touring. Remember how cool it was to get your first car!

My problem is now I worry way too much that even a responsible kid like my kid has a distractive teenage brain. Wrecks happen - bad things can happen with a teen behind the wheel She thinks she's a fantastic driver; don't they all? I thought I was. She's good; but she does not know what she does not know. That's called experience.

To parents of driving teens - how did you (or do you) get through it without losing sleep? Or, maybe we just DO lose sleep and so it goes...

Signed,
looking for peace of mind

No comments:

Post a Comment