Ice Cream Sundaes

If you know me well, you know I'm not a 'sweets' eater. I'd rather have a big bag of crunchy kettle potato chips...BBQ, please. But I live with four sweet eating maniac's who live for dessert after dinner. I'm trying to blaze a new path away from the dessert's I ALWAYS seem to be making, i.e. brownies, cakes, and cookies.

I'm thinking about branching out into the area of ice cream--specifically ice cream sundaes. What about offering a weekly 'sundae' night where I would offer different selections each week? Why wait in a line that stretches outside the ice cream parlor's door? I'll satisfy my sweet tooths by creating cool treats at home for a fraction of the price (that will make my mr. frugal happy).

I'm open for suggestions (since I don't like this stuff and won't be sampling as I go). I think we should start with two scoops of vanilla ice cream and then add...


Carmel + popcorn + peanuts = crackerjack sundae

or

pineapple + shredded coconut = pina colada sundae

or

mini marshmallows + hot fudge + graham crackers = s'mores sundae

Which one would you choose?
Madeline has already voted for the crackerjack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment