My Daughter's Birthday...



Happy Birthday, Clara Taylor....


A special little lady in my life turns 12 years old today. I want to tell her lots of things. How proud I am of her. How special she is. How she has blossomed into a beautiful and elegant young woman.


I want to explain to her that it's tough being 12. That having two big sisters is a hard act to follow in fashion, schooling, and talks with your parents. I want to tell her that 'yes' we've heard it all before, but she can stiIl give it her best shot! I want to tell her to walk tall and beautiful with those long, long legs.


I want to tell her that I love how she never meets a stranger and always has a quick smile and kind word for anyone she meets. I want to tell her that I adore her big heart, big ideas, and her long and detailed stories. I want to tell her she is a wonderful friend and the best encourager I know!


I want to tell her that it's OK to make mistakes. That we learn from mistakes. That mistakes can make us better people. And if we live life afraid of being wrong, or making a mistake, that we never grow.


I want to tell her all about how in life, there are always choices, and that it is these choices that define us, that build our character, that make us who we are.


I want to tell her how much she means to me, and how I love her. I love you, baby.
-mama

No comments:

Post a Comment