My KINDLE

I am the happy owner of a Kindle.
A Kindle is Amazon's wireless reading device or e-book. It can store thousands of books, magazines, blogs and newspapers. Even nicer, the Kindle has free, built-in wireless called "Whispernet" for accessing Amazon’s library 24/7 so that you can purchase a book, newspaper or magazine when and where you want it.

On Christmas evening I downloaded, within 20 seconds, Donald Miller's newest book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life, and finished it two days later.





A fellow reading enthusiast called me a 'traitor' for relinquishing the written page for an electronic gadget.


Sorry ~ I'm hooked.


So far it's been easy to jump into the 'lingo' of using an e-reader and understanding how it works. It is effortless to hold and maneuver while reading. For me it's less cumbersome to hold than a book and takes little or no effort in turning a page. It's screen doesn't actually seem 'electronic' but more like a page than I expected.

Today, I browsed through thousands of free e-books for Kindle users ~ I downloaded several to read later this week.

Sense & Sensibility

Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes

Italic
G.K. Chesterton's Orthodoxy

Edgar Allan Poe's Complete Poetical Works, and

Grace Notes by Phillip Yancey
I'll keep you posted on my learning progress.



1 comment:

  1. In the case of the recipe book, do you still get pictures?

    ReplyDelete