Morning Prayers

Let me stand to-day...

for whatever is pure and true and just and good;
for the redemption of daily business from the blight of self-seeking;
for the right of the weak and oppressed;
for the recognition of new workings of Thy Spirit in the minds of the men of my time;
for the hope of yet more glorious days to come.

To-day Lord...
let me put right before interest;
let me put others before self;
let me put the things of the spirit before the things of the body;
let me put the attainment of noble ends above the enjoyment of present pleasures; let me put priniciple above reputation;
let me put Thee before all else.

O Thou the reflection of whose transcendent glory did once appear unbroken in the face of Jesus Christ,
give me to-day a heart like His~
a brave heart,
a true heart,
a heart with great room in it,
a heart fixed on Thyself;
for His name's sake.

Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment