Leadership Through My Eyes

In leading others, I must...

  • Encourage their heart! Encouragement is about OTHERS and not about me!
  • Enable others to act and be the best they can be.  I must 'give them permission'  and equip them with all they need to be successful.
  • Challenge the process.  I must never be content with yesterday's methods, but always be looking for ways to encourage, improve, and inspire.
  • Inspire a vision in the people I lead to take a leap of faith.
  • Be relationally influencing others rather than managing them through my 'positional power'. 
  • Most of all, I NEED to model the way.  I need to be an 'imagine bearer' of Christ and seek personal holiness. 
2 Thessalonians 3:7-9 says, "For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example, because we did not act in an undisciplined manner among you...but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you, so that you would follow our example."

In thinking about those I lead and in all aspects of my life, I want people to follow me NOT out of compliance but from my encouragment, inspiration, and love for them in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment