Pray...

I am certainly not an authority on prayer.  I simply pray. As you do. 

As I have grown older (especially through the last six years) though, and as the friendship between the Lord and me has deepened, I've come to feel that perhaps my most meaningful prayer times are wordless.

"...for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him..."

All I intend to say, is that between two friends the communication is many times inwardly.  My wordless prayers don't seem to have a particular 'prayer technique' in mind, but an open heart.

So, words or no words --- my intent is foremost to converse with my Lord.

In my heart, I ask Him to do this or that.  He also asks me.


"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words."  Matthew 6:6-7


No comments:

Post a Comment