In order to get our attention, God takes us back to a place where He made a promise to us, showed us his power, or revealed Himself to us.  He may even take us back to a painful place, using it to remind us to serve Him wholeheartedly.
  • it might be an emotional or mental state - a memory reminding me of a painful relationship in my past.  He shows me how I have been  affected - the decisions I've made as a result.
Going back to this place reminds me of His goodness, grace and power.  This reminds me of what an intimate relationship with Him really looks like. 

I must not forget these lessons but use them to guide me into the future.


Lord,

I will remember your call on my life.  I will remember your promises of power and protection.  I commit to leave behind things that take my attention away from you.  Like Abraham, I will follow you so that I might pursue your calling on my life.

I want to live a sanctified life - not out of guilt but out of a grateful heart.  Lord, thank you for all you've given me.  Today, I will determine to die to the old and live uncomproniseingly for you by the Holy Spirit's power.

No comments:

Post a Comment