1 Peter 1:6 - Inductively

"In this, you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials."

Key words defined:
  • greatly rejoice (agalliaco) - to exult, to take delight, be joyful.
  • now (arti) - this moment, with no delay.
  • distressed (lupeo) - to make sorrowful, to afflict great pain, necessity
  • trials (perramos) - a state of pain that tests patience, endurance or belief.

How is God at work in my life?

In this place, this trial..

-I will GREATLY rejoice and take delight in - be joyful.

-I am learning trials come 'in a moment' and they test my patience, my endurance, and my belief's.

-I must remember they may bring sorrow and afflict great pain, but they are necessary.

-I am trusting God in His purpose and plan for me.  

-I feel a force of resistance trying to maneuver out of the this painful, frustrating, and uncertain place, but I will remain steady.




Thinking through my trials....

  • I might not understand why until eternity (1 Cor. 2:14).
  • Even though my trials are 'various' God is sufficient (2 Cor. 12:9).
  • Trials are one of the ways I grow.  Do I really want to grow?  (Romans 8:28, 29).  



In a nutshell:
God is bending me.  
To force from straight to curved.  To cause to submit.


God is shaping me
 To give definite form or shape.


God is polishing me.  
To make smooth and shiny.  To render finished.