Expectations...


ex·pec·ta·tion  [ek-spek-tey-shuhn] 
 –verb
1. to look forward to; regard as likely to happen;
anticipate the occurrence or the coming of.


Ephesians 3:20,21 says...

'Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in this church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever. amen." (NLT)

The KJV translates immeasurably more into abundantly beyond which means: above, exhaustless, exceeding, and more than necessary.



Do you expect great things from God?

Do you dream about God's power at work within you - doing immeasurably more than you could ask or imagine?


John Eadie states,

"God is able to do far “above what we ask,” for our asking is limited and feeble (John 16:24).  But there may be thoughts too sweeping for expression, there may be unutterable groanings prompted by the Spirit (Romans 8:26).

And yet above and beyond our widest conceptions and most daring expectations is God “able to do.” God's ability to answer prayer transcends not only our spoken petitions, but far surpasses even such thoughts as are too big for words, and too deep for utterance."
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pause...
  • Whisper aloud a situation you are asking God '...to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine.' 
  • Consider creating a phrase to measure your progress or God's activity in your situation. I have included my progression below.  Don't be discouraged - it took me several days. 
  • My situation?  Leading a women's Bible study.

I started with...
  • To lead women in their inner spiritual life, while realizing the height, depth, length, and width of God's love for me

It then worked into...
  • To openly share my love for God to women.

and then...
  • To openly share my love for God to women regardless of the steps or decisions they might take.  I will trust God for the moment He gives me and release them into His care.


I must expect great things - immeasurably more - from the calling God has placed on my life.  I will take hold of this and trust Him...intentionally, sincerely, and directionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment