Silence and Solitude

I am in pursuit of silence and solitude each day.   To wean myself away from the tendency to start and end my day at 100mph. The breakneck task list embedded in my subconscious robs me of the mental peace and quiet I desperately need. 

Today, I forced myself to STOP - not a pause but a stop - and linger in my quiet time with the Lord with no particular agenda.  I am such a clock watcher - I could almost hear the minutes ticking.

It is hard to give my body space to unlearn its tricks of hurry, competition, achievement, and manipulation to achieve more in my day.  They have become habits and I'm unaware how deeply they are woven into my DNA.


"It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest,
 eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives sleep to his beloved."  
 Psalm 127:2



I am praying through the verses below...

1 Kings 19:12
"After the earthquake there was a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire, and after the fire a sound of sheer silence..."


Job 13:5
"If you would only keep silent, that would be your wisdom."


Psalm 4:4
"When you are disturbed, do not sin; ponder it on your beds, and be silent."


Proverbs 11:12
"Whoever belittles another lacks sense, but an intelligent person remains silent."


Genesis 32:24
"Jacob was left alone; and a man wrestled with him until day break..."


Psalm 62:5
"For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from Him."


Jeremiah 15:17a
"Under the weight of your hand I sat alone..."



THOUGHTS? 

 Do you struggle with filling your day with too many activities?