'Cause I'm not who I was

When I took my first step

And I'm clinging to the promise you're not through with me yet

So if all of these trials bring me closer to you

Then I will go through the fire

If you want me to


Months and months ago I took my first step.
Today I'm still searching for comfort in this new place.
I am learning to trust God when I am weak not when I am strong.

As I continue,one of the challenges is to remain in the liminal experience for as long as God wants me to. I am reassured daily that He is present and active during these fearful times of disorientation. But I must also fight my anxious spirit that kicks me...struggling to be in control. My daily questions still outweigh the answers.



"We resist liminality, thinking despairingly that it is a meaningless abyss devoid of God's presence..." (Wilkie Au's new book, The Discerning Heart p.209).

No comments:

Post a Comment