Lenten Thoughts...




I started my Lenten journey over two weeks ago without any clear purpose other than the daily discipline of reading and a call to obedience I felt from God. In the past few days, I have experienced moments of clarity of God's call on my life that only come from submission, penitence, and a sacrifice of my stubborn and prideful will.


In my readings yesterday  "... lightning strikes upon my days and nights. My adversary is not on vacation. Opposition is lurking all around. I must remember my mission and it will help me navigate through this storm."


I am in a storm. The dark clouds have been gathering for several months, maybe years. They have burst forth their angriest high winds.  I have stayed here...
 

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31


I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened; he saved me from all my troubles. For the angel of the Lord is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him. Taste and see that the Lord is good.Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!
 Psalm 34:4-8


And may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful!
 Psalm 90:17

"Our godliness can often be measured by the line
between our pride and humility."


1 comment:

  1. I have experienced moments of clarity of God's call on my life that only come from submission, penitence, and a sacrifice of my stubborn and prideful will.
    This along with your 'quote' ministered to me today.
    Tank you

    ReplyDelete