CONVERSATIONS


Some of the most important moments of my life started with a conversation
 
Think about all the conversations you've had...

    -those that altered the way you looked at a situation
    -those that resulted in an important decision being made
    -those that encouraged you to take a step of faith, when you were faithless
    -those that made you laugh, deep down inside

 
  • Picture in your mind a time when you had an important decision or choice to make.  What was said to assist or support you as the details were ironed out?

  •  Think about the times when you had an 'aha' moment, an experience that might have changed the way you looked or understood something. Did it start with a conversation?


  • Think about all the conversations you had when there were life-altering decisions on the table.  What college should I attend? Should I marry him/her?  How long before we begin our family?


I had a conversation yesterday that was surreal.  It engaged my feelings, thoughts, ideas, and yet my heart emerged as well.  There is something about really listening to another person that leaves them feeling heard and valued.  Listening has a way of strengthening and enhancing our relationships.  I'm still turning our exchange over in my mind.

That's a blog post for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment