Facing a fear

If you asked the dearest person to me what I've always dreamed of doing he'd answer, 'be a writer.' I would read about writing. I would talk, discuss, and consider writing topics, but the page remained blank. It has been a secret ambition that's never born fruit in my life. Until....blogging.



Writing for a daily blog has helped me enter into a world of reading, writing, and thinking. A place that I've struggled for years to find and plug in to. Now I belong to a 'city' of sorts; a collective body of fellow writers (and hopefully readers too). A place where inside my mind thoughts gradually work to a point that I'm compelled to write them down.


"I just mean the way idea's come to me is through people from the living world, not from the abstact, but from the living world. I don't say "I'm going to sit down and write a story about greed." --Flannery O'Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment