What Have Been Your Darknesses?

I do not enjoy the dark times. I would never choose them. Yet I know that those are precisely the times when I have grown deeper, have been stretched to become stronger, and ultimately have known most clearly what it means to be unconditionally loved, beyong all reason and expectation.

"What were your own darknesses," a friend wrote to me, "and what did God reveal about himself in each of these? What gifts did he give?" I replied...
  • the darkness of ministry transition
  • the darkness of isolation
  • the darkness of miscarriage
  • the darkness of being misunderstood


I could elaborate on my darknesses. Instead let me suggest that you make your own list, naming, if you can the gifts you have received, the light that has reached you through those darknesses...


No comments:

Post a Comment