A Spring Reading List

I've been reading and collecting a list of books I'd like to pursue as spring arrives. Maybe I'm trying to pull my summer reading list together, but it's snowing and summer seems too far off to even imagine. I'd like your input…

  1. James Vanoosting- And the Flesh Became Words (recommended by McKnight)
  2. James Bryan Smith-Wilderness Time (I know you've quoted from this, but I've never had the chance to glance through it. Is it worth buying?)
  3. Scot McKnight-Praying With the Church (Patterns etc. about praying through the liturgical year)
  4. E.B.White-Second Tree From the Corner and One Man's Meat
  5. The Best Catholic Writing of 2007 (you know me…a catholic wanna be)
  6. Joan Chittister-The Friendship of Women (I've read several from her…she's either a Paraclete Press or Upper Room author)

Synopsis's:

v And the Flesh Became Words.Seton Hall University's dean of Students show us new ways to think about words, from writing and book making, to reading and sharing what we have read.

v One Man's Meat … One Mans Meat continues to delight readers with E.B. Whites witty, succinct observations on daily life at a Maine saltwater farm. Too personal for an almanac, too sophisticated for a domestic history, and too funny and self-doubting for a literary journal, One Mans Meat can best be described as a primer of a countryman's lessons a timeless recounting of experience that will never go out of style. First published in 1944, this classic collection of enduring commentaries is reissued here with a new introduction by the author.

v The Best Catholic Writing of 2007

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0829426116/ref=sib_dp_pt/103-8263640-8567035#reader-link

If you'd like to add anything to this list for me to consider…I'd love that. I'm accumulating several on my bookshelf now (I've been organizing. I have a designated bookshelf for only 'must reads'). Have you made any reading lists lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment