Creating the framework behind my spiritual walk with God - through scripture

  • The progression of my spiritual growth starts from 2 Peter 1:3
 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

  • This process of spiritual growth is only possible for me because I am a partaker.  2 Peter 1:4
Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.


  • An escape from decadence can only come about by 'making every effort...'  2 Peter 1:5
  For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge...
 
 
Add this...
  • moral excellence - train myself to do what is good and right.
  • knowledge - come to know why the good and right is ... good and right.
  • self control - develop the capacity to carry out my intentions and not be thrown off by any turn of events.
  • perseverance - demonstrate how to stick with the course over the long haul - no matter how I feel.
  • Godliness - strive for depth and thoroughness
  • brotherly love - care among and for each other
  • agape love - offer the kind of LOVE that characterizes God himself - John 13:34

IF WE DO THESE THINGS, WE WILL....

2 Peter 1:10-11

Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.




All of this - a list that seems insurmountable to me at this moment - must be done in accordance with inner transformation into Christlikeness. 

This list is NOT about me.  It's never 'all about me.'