Thoughts on intercessory prayer...

Virtually all prayer fueled by the Holy Spirit has two objectives:
  • the desire for God to make Himself known through Christ, and
  • the desire for people to turn to Him.
When interceding for another, consider praying in a way that would point your requests toward these twin goals.


An example...

this morning, I am praying for Tessa's safety motoring (too fast) around the city, her interaction with co-workers, and later tonight going out on a date with Connor.   When I pray for her, do I simply want safety for her physical well-being?  Or do I want Christ to be revealed to her in a way that will draw her closer to Him?

And...

when I pray for a colleague who is struggling in a relationship, and I pray for their escape from frustration, anger, and disappointment, am I really asking God to make Himself known and to draw my friend into deeper intimacy with Christ? 

FOOD for thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment