Cleaning Tasks Assigned a Day?

Do you remember when certain chores were assigned to each day of the week?

It seems that my mom always did the shopping on a certain day, possibly after my dad deposited his pay check.

It seems Granny often did her washing or cleaning on the same day each week.

I know my great grandma had a routine.

Do you? Do you remember when that was the norm?

My plants would probably love to know that they only had to hold out for another day before I'd give them their regularly scheduled drink. As it is, they tell me with drooping or dropping leaves.

Laundry? When the pile's too big or the closet is empty.

Shopping? When I drive buy and the parking lot's not too full, or when the fridge is not too full either.

Vanilla Joy offers a plan that works for her. What of your plan?
mamamusings has some good tips.
And for creative use of accessories check out Daily Chuck
Does a garage get a day or a week or a month each year?

1 comment:

  1. Being orderly and neat is in my genes. So I don't mind cleaning and organizing my home, sorting laundry, or sorting out all the junk that accumulates in my garage.

    I enjoy doing laundry everyday so it doesn't threaten to overtake me. I don't have a daily cleaning routine, but it all gets done in a week's time...considering I'm an insomniac.

    ReplyDelete