Lord,

Please set me free from the quick sand of vain regrets - those haunting memories of what would've been, could've been, and should've been.  I want to learn from the past, not be enslaved to the past.  Your name is Redeemer, not Re-doer.  Equally, free me from vain assumptions - the arrogance of thinking if things "went well", it's only because I did something right!  O foolish one that I am...

I want to be a much better listener and rememberer- giving people the gift of engagement, and not just momentary politeness.  Forgive me when I compare myself with others.  It's one thing to look for good models, but quite another to turn our models into idols.  May no other voice have as much defining power in my life as yours, Jesus.

Free me to be "the me" you intend.


No comments:

Post a Comment