Transformational Theology

There are moments in a season of life that touch us deeply.  Some come in the form of wise words from a trusted friend or sermons that challenge us to the core, but often for me they come while reading the musings of a favorite theologian.  Their introspection and insight stop me in my tracks - rattling me into the reality that God loves me and has a plan for my life.  These moments are quiet, thoughts reflective, and I am forever changed by the Spirits gentle nudge. 

Yesterday, while reading in the early (early) morning hours this passage spoke to my heart.

"WHO can best teach you how to live?" 

Answer: Only one, Jesus Christ, who is the Master of Life as he was the Master of Death.  He always has the best information on all things human.  His wisdom has yet to know a serious rival.  His guidance has yet to be bettered.  He is present in each moment, and offers power as well as light.  All humans learn how to live from someone; to learn from his is the great invitation of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment